After the submission of medical reports and receipts along with the evidences, the compensation from the insurance company will be settled after the following processes:
Insurance Compensation Process:
- After the submission of reports, expense receipts etc., the insurance company will start an investigation on the claim reported.
- Detailed investigation on the reports and photos submitted, along with the verification of any witnesses and other details submitted.
- Along with our medical report, in some cases, added medical report from a doctor of the insurance company’s choice may have to be submitted.
- In case of accident between the vehicles, the insurer will check the condition of both vehicles.
- If the accident was caused by a building, then the officials will examine the building condition.
- After all the investigations and calculations, the company will hand over the settlement check.
- In case of any denial from the company, appeal can be made to the insurance company with more documents.
Reasons for Claim Denials:
Many reasons can lead to the state where the insurance claim can be denied by the insurance company hence it is better to approach the Louisville Car Accident Lawyerright away. As an example, if we have waited for a long period after accident to report the claim or if we could not submit independent medical report to the company, the claim report will be denied. Also, the claim will be denied if the type of accident is out of insurance claim enlistment.
In such cases, we will receive a notification from the insurer. If we want, we can appeal the claim denial. The procedures involved with appealing may differ from company to company based on their policies, terms and conditions. For appealing, additional documents with more detailed description have to be submitted. If the appeal is denied, we can consult Louisville Car Accident Lawyer for further proceeding s if we wish.